School Feeding Programme: Allegation of ghost schools untrue and misrepresentation of facts

School Feeding Programme: Allegation of ghost schools untrue and misrepresentation of facts

Following the recent allegations of some 9 non existing schools in the data of the National School Feeding Programme Secretariat, involving the Northern Regional women organizer of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) Hajia Rahana Aziz, Sagani news has been following the development in the Northern region.

 

The schools alleged to be nonexistent, are said to be captured in the documents of National School Feeding Program Secretariat with individuals behind the act receiving payment for no work done.

The schools are Kukuo AME Zion Primary, Wataniya E/R Primary, Police Barracks Primary, ST. Pauls Primary, and ST. Joseph Primary. Others include ST. Monicas R/C Primary, Nyankpala Islamic Primary, Nyankpala D /A Primary as well as Nizamia E /A Primary, all under Tamale Metro and Nyankpala District respectively.

 

On the contrary, when Sagani news visited the aforementioned schools to ascertain the truth or otherwise of the allegations, it emerged that the schools exist and have been direct beneficiaries of the free meal since 2019.

Sagani’s checks in all the '9 alleged ghost schools' also revealed that, the schools and caterers that were speculated and rumored as fake and nonexistent are false and untrue; and that, caterers have always been present and cooking.

 

Allege fake caterers, schools, enrollment and their EZswitch numbers

S/N

Name of Caterer

School

Enrollment

EZswitch

1.

Alhassan Zeilia

Kukuo AME Zion Prim

745

83960009-5

2.

Abdul-Aziz

Wataniya E/R Prim

720

50609341-1

3.

Mohammed Humu

Nyankpala Islamic Prim.

520

83923840-7

4.

Abdulai Ihti-man

St. Monicas R/C Prim

825

285267443-1

5.

Adam Adishetu

St. Joseph Prim.

1042

285267451-0

6.

Sulemana Asana

St. Paul Prim

1021

67706062-4

7.

Sulemana Rahana

Nyankpala D/A Prim

1300

50609323-9

8.

Zakaria Memunatu

Nizamia E/A Prim

463

117641027-2

9.

Mohammed Awal Adiatulai

Police Barracks Prim

993

486708622

 

Headteachers and caterers of some of the schools have confirmed that the school feeding Programme commenced in May 20, 2019, and has never stalled unless there is a holiday or natural phenomenon like the outbreak of Covid-19, which hitherto forced the schools to go on break.

 

Below are some verification documents comfirming that, cooking is still taking place in the allege 9 non existing schools.

  

Although some of the caterers lamented lack of funds to facilitate cooking and no payment for work done between 2019-2021, they insisted that they have been very present and consistent in ensuring efficient cooking and distribution of the foods to the pupils.

 

Among some caterers who spoke to Sagani Tv in an interview, reacted angrily and expressed disappointment at the widespread rumors that the schools they are serving are nonexistent, and thus challenge doubters to visit the said schools for verification.

 

Beneficiaries of the school feeding programe, shared their joy at the impact the food is having on their academic output and the burden it has reduced on their parents and guardians, who previously were required to offer them food before they go to school.

 

Meanwhile, facts-check in the form of questions and answers has denied allegations of manipulation and fraud as captured in the table below as some 46 schools that were alleged to be under the supervision of Hajia Rahana Aziz, are found rather on the database of Karaga, Yumyoo ,Tolon, Bimbilla, Mion, Zabzugu, Kumbungu , Sagnarigu  as we as Yendi, Savelugu, and some parts of north-east region of the Ghana School Feeding Programme (GSFP), which does not include her area of operations.

 

Whilst some headmasters spoke on camera to confirm how their schools are benefiting from the meal, others refused to be filmed or interviewed citing GES’ directive as the basis for their refusal.

 

Source: Saganitvonline.com